Everyone shows different symptoms so it’s almost impossible to give an exact definition of what means you have an eating disorder. Eating disordered people will hide it but here’s a few that are easy to miss but could be signs. They’re not exact. So don’t assume based on this. It’s hard to tell.
• Talking a lot during meals (distract people)
• Picking up fork/spoon full of food and setting it down
• Pushing food around on the plate
• Rarely seeing that person for more than one meal a day (can’t say you had a big lunch and you’re not hungry if you were with that person at lunch and they know you didn’t eat)
• Bathroom after eating
• Music or loud noise while in bathroom
• If they have a long necklace on, go to the bathroom, and them it’s under their shirt, they could have purged (aka hid it under shirt to keep it from getting covered in puke and didn’t take it out)
If there is a God, He will have to beg my forgiveness.
do not use anorexic as a synonym for slender or thin. it is not an adjective. it is an illness that takes lives.
also there are plenty of people with anorexia who do not appear “thin.” in fact anorexia often progresses a fair amount before it ever becomes visible to others. there are anorexic people of all sizes.